Print Submission Requirements
The following checklist should be reviewed prior to submitting your project for printing. By meeting these guidelines, there is a greater opportunity to reduce delays and the overall cost of your job by reducing the amount of time spent altering, correcting or preparing your file. Subsequently, it will move faster through our shop. Failure to complete these items may result in your project not printing correctly. JUSTSigns.ca takes no responsibility for files that do not meet the following important criteria. If you are unsure about any of these requirements, please give us a call to discuss them at 888-519-2445.
- Spell check your entire document
- Check all phone number, addresses, e-mail addresses, web sites, dates, etc.
Page Trim Size
- Document Size: Set you document size to the finished output size, including a 1/8" (.125") bleed.
- Templates: Click here to download our artwork template guide for your job.
- Folds: Ensure all folds are accurately located in the file.
- Live Area: All text, logos, artwork and photos should be at least 3/8" (.375") away from all trim and fold edges.
- Impositions: Provide your file "1-UP" only. We will do any necessary imposing prior to printing.
- Resolution: All photos should be 300dpi at 100% for digital and offset printing. TIFF or JPEG format preferred. As viewing distance increases your image dpi can be significantly lower. To determine what the dpi of your image should be, use our Resolution Calculator.
- Fonts: All fonts should be converted to outlines (unless you want us to edit your file in which case please supply the fonts as well).
- Text Height: When designing signs and outdoor prints, you must consider text-height in relation to viewing distance. Click here for suggested text heights to work with.
- All non-spot colours (including images) should be defined as CMYK. Spot colours must be defined as spot. PMS spot colours must not be modified.
- Colour Standard: Colours may vary when printed on different machines or different substrates from how they may appear on your monitor.
- Preferred File Type: Adobe PDF (high-resolution PDF/X-1a).
- Supported Layout Programs: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop or InDesign. Other application files should be converted to PDF/X-1a.
- Unacceptable File Types: Any format other than PDF. This includes Microsoft (Word, Publisher, Excel or PowerPoint), Corel, Quark or any other format.
- Creating print-ready files from unsupported file types, line changes and other requested or required artwork adjustments will result in the application of an art charge of $80/hr.
- Should your job require a cut that is not rectangular, you will need to provide a cut line so we know where to cut. The cut line should be created on a separate layer as a 100% magenta single point line.
Design Services and File Preparation
- Please contact us if you have any graphics design or file preparation questions. We are always happy to prepare your files for you..